GrapeCity Documents for PDF (GcPdf) is a cross-platform library that allows to create, analyze, and modify PDF documents.
Its object model closely follows the Adobe PDF specification, and is designed to provide direct access to features of the PDF format.
In addition, Documents for PDF includes a powerful and platform-independent font handling and text layout engine and other high-level features that make PDF document creation easy and convenient.
The online Documents for PDF sample browser is available at http://demos.componentone.com/gcdocs/gcpdf
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf -Version 22.214.171.124
dotnet add package GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf --version 126.96.36.199
<PackageReference Include="GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf" Version="188.8.131.52" />
paket add GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf --version 184.108.40.206
#r "nuget: GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf, 220.127.116.11"
// Install GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf&version=18.104.22.168 // Install GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf&version=22.214.171.124
# Changes from version 126.96.36.199:
## Breaking changes
- GcPdf v2 (builds 2.x.x.x) requires a new license key as the previous v1 key will not work. This is a FREE upgrade for customers who purchased GcPdf v1 license - please contact sales to receive a new license key at email@example.com.
- An evaluation license key now allows to use the product for 30 days without any limitations. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your key.
- Type of property GcPdfDocument.CompressionLevel changed from int to standard System.IO.Compression.CompressionLevel enum.
- CompressionLevel.NoCompression corresponds to old compression level 0, Fastest to 1, Optimal to 6.
- Type of property ViewerPreferences.DisplayDocTitle changed from bool to bool?, it is written to PDF stream if it is not null.
## Bug fixes
- GcPdfDocument could not process encrypted signed files.
- Disabled bold font emulation for semi-bold fonts.
## New features and improvements
- Added GcPdfDocument.MergeWithDocument(GcPdfDocument sourceDoc, MergeDocumentOptions options) method. Use this method to combine pages from different PDF documents.
- Added constructor FormXObject(GcPdfDocument doc, Page page). It allows to insert pages from a PDF document into another document as images, and allows to duplicate a page reusing page resources.
- The new method GcPdfGraphics.DrawForm(FormXObject, ...) allows to draw FormXObject on GcPdfGraphics with full support for positioning, scaling and transformations.
- Added property Metadata.PdfUa which allows to set the supported version of PDF/UA.
- Added IPdfImage.ImageMask property. Indicates whether the image is defined as a stencil mask for painting in the current color.
- Added support of AES-256 encryption as specified in Adobe® Supplement to the ISO 32000. To specify 256 bit encryption use the StandardSecurityHandlerRev5 class. Note that StandardSecurityHandlerRev5 is derived from StandardSecurityHandlerRev4 but its EncryptionAlgorithm and KeyLength can be AES and 256 respectively; this limitation comes from the PDF specification.
- Added new action type: ActionHide, hides or shows one or more annotations on the screen by setting or clearing their Hidden flags
- Added ActionBase.Next property, allows to set the next ActionBase or sequence of actions to be performed after this action.
- Added property Page.AnnotationsTabsOrder.
- Added GcPdfDocument.GetImages(...) and Page.GetImages(...) methods, allowing to enumerate and retrieve images from the whole document or from a specific page respectively.
- Added GcPdfDocument.EmbeddedFiles property, which allows to specify document level file attachments.
- Added properties CreationDate, ModificationDate, CheckSum, Size to the EmbeddedFileStream class.
NuGet packages (25)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on GrapeCity.Documents.Pdf:
GrapeCity Documents for Excel is a high-speed, small-footprint spreadsheet API that requires no dependencies on Excel. With full .NET Standard 2.0 support, you can generate, load, modify, and convert spreadsheets in .NET Framework, .NET Core, Mono, and Xamarin. Apps using this spreadsheet API can be deployed to cloud, Windows, Mac, or Linux. Its powerful calculation engine and breadth of features means you’ll never have to compromise design or requirements. We model our interface-based API on Excel's document object model. This means that you can import, calculate, query, generate, and export any spreadsheet scenario. Using GcExcel, you can create full reports, sorted and filtered tables, sorted and filtered pivot tables, dashboard reports, add charts, sparklines, conditional formats, import and export Excel templates and also convert spreadsheets to PDF. The online Documents for Excel sample browser is available at https://www.grapecity.com/documents-api-excel/demos
ActiveReports PDF export library
GrapeCity ActiveReports is a set of assemblies that enable you to create, render, print, and export reports in a .NET or .NET Core application. This package includes assemblies needed to export ActiveReports files. The available exports include, among others, PDF, Excel, Doc/DocX, HTML, JSON, CSV, XML and image.
GrapeCity ActiveReports is a set of assemblies that enable you to create, render, print, and export reports in a .NET or .NET Core application. This package includes internal assemblies needed to display reports in report viewers.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.