![Screenshot of InstChoco in use](https://cdn.staticaly.com/gh/bcurran3/ChocolateyPackages/master/InstChoco/InstChoco_screenshot.png)
#InstChoco - The ULTIMATE Chocolatey and Chocolatey packages (re)installer!
##QUESTION: "Why do I need an installer for Chocolatey when I already have Chocolatey installed?"
##ANSWER: You need InstChoco for the NEXT time you want to install Chocolatey and automate package (re)installation!
**InstChoco** is the evolution of an old batch file I used over the years to automate installing Chocolatey followed by a bunch of "choco install program -y" commands to install my standard set of packages. I eventually decided to make it a program with additional features. I also integrated with other Chocolatey packages I've created. What you see now is the culmination of many long hard hours of work. I think **InstChoco** is the best it can be, but I'm always open to new features. Feel free to contact me with feedback. You can find **InstChoco.exe** in \ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\instchoco\tools. If you don't already have Chocolatey installed you can download **InstChoco** from [SOFTPEDIA](http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/InstChoco.shtml), [CNET's Download.com](https://download.cnet.com/InstChoco/3000-2094_4-77751542.html), or [directly from my GitHub repo](https://github.com/bcurran3/ChocolateyPackages/raw/master/InstChoco/tools/InstChoco.exe).
![Screenshot of InstChoco features](https://cdn.staticaly.com/gh/bcurran3/ChocolateyPackages/master/InstChoco/InstChoco_features_screenshot.png)
![Screenshot of InstChoco Options](https://cdn.staticaly.com/gh/bcurran3/ChocolateyPackages/master/InstChoco/InstChoco_usage_screenshot.png)
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package instchoco -Version 2.2.0
dotnet add package instchoco --version 2.2.0
<PackageReference Include="instchoco" Version="2.2.0" />
paket add instchoco --version 2.2.0
#r "nuget: instchoco, 2.2.0"
// Install instchoco as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=instchoco&version=2.2.0 // Install instchoco as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=instchoco&version=2.2.0
* 2.02 - Removed legacy date checking and connectivity checking which only worked in English environments.
* 2.01 - Fixed bug with non-domain joined computers.
* 2.00 - Added -browse, -popular, -backup, -backupwithversions, -license options as well as many cosmetic changes. Added iCloudDrive support. Commercial use of InstChoco v2+ requires a paid license.
* 1.30 - Added ability to download a packages.config file from the web and install packages from it.
* 1.21 - Added Box, Nextcloud, and Seafile support to catch up with choco-package-list-backup.
* 1.20 - Added domain support to install predefined packages for domain joined computers and user specific packages.
* 1.11 - (unreleased) Added -ynp switch to skip installation of packages. (Install Chocolatey only)
* 1.10 - Added [Choco Package List Backup to Local and Cloud](https://chocolatey.org/packages/choco-package-list-backup) and [Choco Persistent Packages](https://chocolatey.org/packages/choco-persistent-packages) support for package (re)installation. Cosmetic changes. Checks for year 2018 or greater instead of 2017 or greater. Updated donation info. :)
* 1.00 - Initial release.
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.