NFluent is an ergonomic check library which aims to fluent your .NET TDD experience (based on simple Check.That() check statements). NFluent aims your tests to be fluent to write (with an happy 'dot' auto completion experience), fluent to read (i.e. as close as possible to plain English expression), but also fluent to troubleshoot, in a less-error-prone way comparing to the classical .NET test frameworks. NFluent is directly, but also freely, inspired by the awesome Java FEST fluent check/reflection library (http://fest.easytesting.org/).
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package NFluent -Version 2.0.0-alpha-44
dotnet add package NFluent --version 2.0.0-alpha-44
<PackageReference Include="NFluent" Version="2.0.0-alpha-44" />
paket add NFluent --version 2.0.0-alpha-44
* Preliminary support for .Net Standard (ex .Net Core)
* Streams: introduce HasSameSequenceOfBytesAs() check.
* Numbers: introduce IsPositiveOrZero() check.
* Numbers: introduce IsNegativeOrZero() check.
* FloatingNumbers (float, double): introduce IsCloseTo(expected, within) check for estimated value.
* Exceptions: introduce the DueTo<InnerException> operator after the Throws<Exception> check.
* Numbers: introduce IsStrictlyPositive() as a substitute for IsPositive() which is now obsolete.
* Numbers: introduce IsStrictlyNegative() as a substitute for IsNegative() which is now obsolete.
* Numbers: introduce IsStrictlyGreaterThan() as a substitute for IsGreaterThan() which is now obsolete.
* Numbers: introduce IsStrictlyLessThan() as a substitute for IsLessThan() which is now obsolete.
* Strings: generate specific error message using IsEqualTo() when the actual string is empty
* Strings: generate specific error message using IsEqualTo() when the expected string is empty
* Strings: provides part of string where first difference occurs even when strings have different lenghts
* Improve error messages (consistency and relevance).
* Check.ThatCode(...).Throws<T>() now requires T to be an exception. This restriction ensures only Exceptions are proposed in autocompletion.
* Simplify the way you can extend NFluent by adding your own checks. Now, you can call: var checker = ExtensibilityHelper.ExtractChecker(check);
at the beginning of your check extension method, and then rely on its ExecuteCheck() or BuildMessage() helper methods to do the job. Note: the Checker is part of the NFluent.Extensibility namespace.
* Check.That(Action) can no longer be used (obsolete)
* Check.That(Func<T>) can no longer be used (obsolete)
* Reviewing of public elements: Some classes are no longer public. They should never have been in the first class.
* Fix the inversion between expected and actual error message for the .WithMessage checks on exception.
* Fix the issue with null value on Check.That(...).IsBefore(...)
* HasFieldsWithSameValues now recurse along the hierarchy class (Fix for #141)
* Fix stack overflow triggered by HasFieldsWithSameValues() on object with reference loop (#148)
This package has no dependencies.
NuGet packages (6)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on NFluent:
Iago is a tool to write bdd like tests in kre. use `iago.runner` to execute your tests
Iago runner is a tool to run bdd like tests in kre
Parses offline registry hives
A library for writing flexible and easy to maintain acceptance tests
NFluent checks for checking HttpResponseMessages.
GitHub repositories (11)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on NFluent:
The FileHelpers are a free and easy to use .NET library to read/write data from fixed length or delimited records in files, strings or streams
This repository was deprecated, use:
Not just a ReClass port to the .NET platform.
Captains log and 3d star map for Elite Dangerous
WireMock.Net is a flexible library for stubbing and mocking web HTTP responses using request matching and response templating. Based on the functionality from http://WireMock.org, but extended with more functionality.