Provides API for configuring ASP.NET Core to automatically generate HTTPS certificates.
This configures your server to use the ACME protocol to connect with a certificate authority (CA),
such as Let's Encrypt (https://letsencrypt.org/), to verify ownership of your domain name
and generate a HTTPS certificate. This happens automatically when the server starts up, and will
renew the certificate automatically when the expiration date is near.
This only works with Kestrel, which is the default server configuration for ASP.NET Core projects. Other servers, such as IIS and nginx, are not supported.
Install-Package LettuceEncrypt -Version 1.1.1
dotnet add package LettuceEncrypt --version 1.1.1
<PackageReference Include="LettuceEncrypt" Version="1.1.1" />
paket add LettuceEncrypt --version 1.1.1
#r "nuget: LettuceEncrypt, 1.1.1"
// Install LettuceEncrypt as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=LettuceEncrypt&version=1.1.1 // Install LettuceEncrypt as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=LettuceEncrypt&version=1.1.1
* Add API for controlling whether HTTP-01, TLS-ALPN-01, or both challenge types are used (#197)
* create abstraction for SNI certificates in Kestrel (#108)
* add API to configure LettuceEncrypt when also calling 'UseKestrel' to configure its HTTPS defaults or endpoints (#109)
* workaround bug in Windows SSL stream when generating temporary self-signed certs (#110)
* fix race condition causing domain validation to valid sometimes. Run TLS-ALPN-01 first then HTTP-01 (if needed). Don't run in parallel (#198)
* Don't unset other HTTPS adapters which configure a OnAuthenticate callback (#199)
* Update package to target .NET Core 3.1 as 3.0 is no longer supported by Microsoft
Fixes in patch 1.1.1:
* Fix infinite loop waiting for verification of domain ownership
* Check for certificates that new renewal immediately on server startup instead of waiting 24 hours
* Optimize loading intermediate certificate change and reduce unnecessary warnings about invalid certs
- Certes (>= 2.3.4)
- McMaster.AspNetCore.Kestrel.Certificates (>= 1.0.0)
- Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions (>= 2.1.1)
- System.Text.Json (>= 5.0.2)
NuGet packages (3)
Showing the top 3 NuGet packages that depend on LettuceEncrypt:
Provides API for configuring ASP.NET Core to automatically generate HTTPS certificates and store them in Azure Key Vault. See https://nuget.org/packages/LettuceEncrypt for more details.
Let's Encrypt plugin for Stormancer
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.