Provides a class and a few extension methods to facilitate common operations with values that may or may not exist.
Traditionally, programmers often use `null` references to represent values that "aren't there", but the problem is that this was never their intended purpose.
- Languages like C# don't provide a way to differentiate between reference variables that can be null and those that are guaranteed not to be.
- The inventor of null references has [apologized](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hoare#Quotations) for creating them in the first place, calling them his "billion-dollar mistake."
- This misuse of null references has spread far and wide, leading to the unfortunately-named `Nullable<>` type (which, being a value type, is never actually null), and attributes like `[CanBeNull]` and `[NotNull]` to help programmers know when they can expect a method to treat a null value as legitimate input.
All this leaves us in a position where our best hope of avoiding `NullReferenceException`s lies in trying to make sure that our reference variables are *never* null. But in that case, how do we indicate when a value is *optional*?
Well, that's where `Maybe<>` comes in.
Install-Package CallMeMaybe -Version 0.7.1
dotnet add package CallMeMaybe --version 0.7.1
<PackageReference Include="CallMeMaybe" Version="0.7.1" />
paket add CallMeMaybe --version 0.7.1
v0.7.1 - Added copyright and other project information to assembly.
v0.7.0 - `Do()` returns the source `Maybe` to allow chaining. Added `ElseDo()`.
v0.6.8 - Bug fixes
v0.6.7 - CallMeMaybe is ClsCompliant again.
v0.6.6 - Added `SelectMany` overload.
v0.6.2 - CallMeMaybe is now ClsCompliant
v0.6.1 - Included XML documentation
- Added parsers, with a couple of basic parsing extension methods.
- Added OfType<>().
- Added FirstMaybe() and SingleMaybe() extension methods.
- Added a lot of XML documentation comments.
v 0.5 Alpha. **Breaking Change**: object.Equals() override behaves differently now. Prefer `==` or `Is()` instead.
v 0.4 Alpha. Added "Is()" method, and "Values()" extension method, plus lots of comments.
v 0.3.5318 Alpha. Added better conversion to/from Nullables. Maybe IMaybe interface public. Added LINQPad sample.
v 0.3 Alpha release. Added Do() methods and an Else() overload that takes a function parameter. More correct handling of null arguments. And documentation on most of the types and methods!
v 0.2 Alpha release. API subject to change (but probably not as much as it did last time).
v 0.1 Alpha release. API subject to change.
This package has no dependencies.
NuGet packages (1)
Showing the top 1 NuGet packages that depend on CallMeMaybe:
Some usage samples to help you get the hang of the Maybe<> type and associated extension methods which are available in the CallMeMaybe library.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.