dotnet add package Autofac --version 7.1.0
NuGet\Install-Package Autofac -Version 7.1.0
<PackageReference Include="Autofac" Version="7.1.0" />
paket add Autofac --version 7.1.0
#r "nuget: Autofac, 7.1.0"
// Install Autofac as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Autofac&version=7.1.0 // Install Autofac as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Autofac&version=7.1.0
Autofac is an IoC container for Microsoft .NET. It manages the dependencies between classes so that applications stay easy to change as they grow in size and complexity. This is achieved by treating regular .NET classes as components.
You can get Autofac by grabbing the latest NuGet package. There are several application integration and extended functionality packages to choose from. If you're feeling adventurous, continuous integration builds are on MyGet.
Our Getting Started tutorial walks you through integrating Autofac with a simple application and gives you some starting points for learning more.
Super-duper quick start:
Register components with a
ContainerBuilder and then build the component container.
var builder = new ContainerBuilder(); builder.Register(c => new TaskController(c.Resolve<ITaskRepository>())); builder.RegisterType<TaskController>(); builder.RegisterInstance(new TaskController()); builder.RegisterAssemblyTypes(controllerAssembly); var container = builder.Build();
Resolve services from a lifetime scope - either the container or a nested scope:
var taskController = container.Resolve<TaskController>();
There is a growing number of application integration libraries that make using Autofac with your application a snap. Support for several popular frameworks is also available through the "Extras" packages.
Autofac is licensed under the MIT license, so you can comfortably use it in commercial applications (we still love contributions though).
File issues in the repo with the associated feature/code.
- Autofac - Core dependency resolution and common functions (this repo).
- Autofac.AspNetCore.Multitenant - Multitenant DI support for ASP.NET Core applications.
- Autofac.Configuration - JSON/XML file-based configuration support.
- Autofac.Diagnostics.DotGraph - Diagnostics support to enable DOT graph visualization of resolve requests.
- Autofac.Extensions.DependencyInjection - .NET Core integration for Autofac.
- Autofac.Extras.AggregateService - Dynamic aggregate service implementation generation.
- Autofac.Extras.AttributeMetadata - Metadata scanning/filtering through attributes.
- Autofac.Extras.CommonServiceLocator - Common Service Locator implementation backed by Autofac.
- Autofac.Extras.DynamicProxy - Decorators and interceptors.
- Autofac.Extras.FakeItEasy - FakeItEasy mocking framework integration.
- Autofac.Extras.Moq - Moq mocking framework integration.
- Autofac.Mef - MEF catalog integration.
- Autofac.Multitenant - Multitenant dependency resolution support.
- Autofac.Multitenant.Wcf - Multitenant WCF service hosting.
- Autofac.Mvc - ASP.NET MVC integration.
- Autofac.Mvc.Owin - OWIN support for ASP.NET MVC.
- Autofac.Owin - Core OWIN support - shared middleware for request lifetime integration.
- Autofac.Pooling - Support for pooled instance lifetime scopes.
- Autofac.ServiceFabric - Application integration for Service Fabric services.
- Autofac.SignalR - Application integration for SignalR.
- Autofac.Wcf - WCF service hosting.
- Autofac.Web - ASP.NET web forms integration.
- Autofac.WebApi - Application integration for Web API.
- Autofac.WebApi.Owin - OWIN support for Web API.
Autofac is supported by AWS. Thanks for your contribution!
Contributing / Pull Requests
Refer to the Contributor Guide for setting up and building Autofac source.
You can also open this repository right now in VS Code.
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net5.0 was computed. net5.0-windows was computed. net6.0 is compatible. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 is compatible. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed. net8.0 was computed. net8.0-android was computed. net8.0-ios was computed. net8.0-maccatalyst was computed. net8.0-macos was computed. net8.0-tvos was computed. net8.0-windows was computed.|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp2.0 was computed. netcoreapp2.1 was computed. netcoreapp2.2 was computed. netcoreapp3.0 was computed. netcoreapp3.1 was computed.|
|.NET Standard||netstandard2.0 is compatible. netstandard2.1 is compatible.|
|.NET Framework||net461 was computed. net462 was computed. net463 was computed. net47 was computed. net471 was computed. net472 was computed. net48 was computed. net481 was computed.|
|MonoAndroid||monoandroid was computed.|
|MonoMac||monomac was computed.|
|MonoTouch||monotouch was computed.|
|Tizen||tizen40 was computed. tizen60 was computed.|
|Xamarin.iOS||xamarinios was computed.|
|Xamarin.Mac||xamarinmac was computed.|
|Xamarin.TVOS||xamarintvos was computed.|
|Xamarin.WatchOS||xamarinwatchos was computed.|
NuGet packages (2.8K)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on Autofac:
Autofac implementation of the interfaces in Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions, the .NET Framework dependency injection abstraction.
Autofac integration for ASP.NET WebAPI.
Autofac extension for enabling AOP in conjunction with Castle.
ASP.NET MVC 5 integration for Autofac.
ASP.NET OWIN integration support for Autofac IoC.
GitHub repositories (281)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Autofac:
Clean Architecture Solution Template: A starting point for Clean Architecture with ASP.NET Core
Open Source Web Application Framework for ASP.NET Core. Offers an opinionated architecture to build enterprise software solutions with best practices on top of the .NET and the ASP.NET Core platforms. Provides the fundamental infrastructure, production-ready startup templates, application modules, UI themes, tooling, guides and documentation.
Json.NET is a popular high-performance JSON framework for .NET
Simple, unambitious mediator implementation in .NET
API Support for your favorite torrent trackers
Release notes are at https://github.com/autofac/Autofac/releases