See the version list below for details.
Install-Package altcover -Version 7.6.812
dotnet add package altcover --version 7.6.812
<PackageReference Include="altcover" Version="7.6.812" />
paket add altcover --version 7.6.812
#r "nuget: altcover, 7.6.812"
// Install altcover as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=altcover&version=7.6.812 // Install altcover as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=altcover&version=7.6.812
A cross-platform pre-instrumenting code coverage tool set for .net/.net core and Mono
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
GitHub repositories (8)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on altcover:
Simple, powerful, cross-platform SQLite client and ORM for .NET
ReportGenerator converts coverage reports generated by coverlet, OpenCover, dotCover, Visual Studio, NCover, Cobertura, JaCoCo, Clover, gcov or lcov into human readable reports in various formats.
A simple package with guard clause extensions.
Database migration tool for .NET and .NET Core projects. Inspired by Flyway.
Delegate-based C# P/Invoke alternative - compatible with all platforms and runtimes.
This build from https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/tree/fbfe245948c6b64c502da3f1134f825106a48ba1
Q. Never mind the fluff -- how do I get started?
A. Start with the Quick Start guide : https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/wiki/QuickStart-Guide
# 7.6.812 (Genbu series release 15)
* [VISUALIZER] Move the global tool to the new 0.10 AvaloniaUI release
* Monitor API
* [BUGFIX] Harden the monitor API `TryGetVisitTotals` against race conditions in multi-threaded tests
* Publish the AltCover.Monitor API as API (i.e. under `lib/`) in the main package `altcover` as well as in `altcover.api` (but not in `altcover.global`; global tools aren't library compatible to be accessed through a `package add` reference). It's there next to the PowerShell assembly (per `altcover ImportModule`) if you want to manually link to it, though
* Support writing unit tests involving the API back to `net20` as well as `netstandard2.0`
* Add `--jsonReport` option (and equivalents) to output the NCover or OpenCover data in a minified JSON format, like the existing `--lcovReport` option does for that format. The JSON is a direct map of the XML, with values appropriately typed.
* Add a `ConvertTo-CoverageJson` cmdlet and a `ConvertToJson` toolkit API to post-precess existing NCover/OpenCover reports
# 7.5.809 (Genbu series release 14)
* [NEW] AltCover.Monitor API to track current coverage from running unit tests. Current implementation requires `dotnet test`, or other command-line testing with `--defer` set, in which the cumulative visit numbers are available, rather than everything having been dumped to file instead.
* [BUGFIX] In OpenCover format output, only emit `<File />` records relevant to the respective module, not for all source files encountered so far.
# 7.4.808 (Genbu series release 13)
* [BUGFIX] In some use cases, the error `The "AltCover.ContingentCopy" task was not given a value for the required parameter "FileName".` could be provoked by `dotnet test` (Issue #113)
* Extend to other Build Action types (at least all those that my VS2019 Community Edition was prepared to mention) the "If `/p:AltCoverInPlace` is not `true`, then copy all files in the project included as `<[Action] Include="./[some subdirectory]/..."` with `CopyToOutputDirectory` of `Always` or `PreserveNewest` to the appropriate relative location wrt the intrumented files" behaviour added for the `None` action in the previous release. File an issue report if you have yet another build action type that you need copying for a not-in-place test scenario.
# 7.4.807 (Genbu series release 12)
* [MAYBE BREAKING] Set `InPlace` default to `false` uniformly across the API
* Add `dotnet test` command line option `/p:AltCoverInPlace=true|false` (default false)
* If `/p:AltCoverInPlace=true` then `/p:AltCoverForce=true` has its pre-v7.3.805 meaning
* Wire up "InPlace" to the Fake `DotNet.test` driver for the above
* If `/p:AltCoverInPlace` is not `true`, then copy all files in the project included as `<None Include="./[some subdirectory]/..."` with `CopyToOutputDirectory` of `Always` or `PreserveNewest` to the appropriate relative location wrt the intrumented files
* **NB** `/p:AltCoverInPlace=true` will not play well with the concurrent instrument-and-test behaviour of `dotnet test [multipletestprojects].sln /p:AltCover="true" --output [commonArtifactsFolder]`
* Allow `--callContext` and `--single` together, which will log at most one visit _per context_ per location, not just one visit per location
For previous releases (7.3.x and earlier) [go here](https://github.com/SteveGilham/altcover/blob/master/ReleaseNotes%20-%20Previously.md)