Gnostice XtremeDocumentStudio .NET is the next-generation multi-format document-processing component suite for .NET developers. Currently, XtremeDocumentStudio .NET Converter supports converting PDF, DOCX, DOC, BMP, JPEG, PNG, WMF, EMF, TIFF and MTIFF to PDF, DOCX, TXT, HTML, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and MTIFF. More formats will be introduced in future. It can convert documents such as DOCX-to-PDF or PDF to images without requiring any other external software or libraries. It can also intelligently reconstruct page elements when converting PDF to DOCX.
XtremeDocumentStudio .NET is 100% managed code. It can natively process supported formats without requiring external software such as Microsoft Word, Open XML SDK, Word Automation Services, Adobe PDF library or GhostScript.
Install-Package XtremeDocumentStudio.NETConverter -Version 18.2.0
dotnet add package XtremeDocumentStudio.NETConverter --version 18.2.0
<PackageReference Include="XtremeDocumentStudio.NETConverter" Version="18.2.0" />
paket add XtremeDocumentStudio.NETConverter --version 18.2.0
Version 2018 R2 - September 24, 2018
- ASP.NET Document Viewer
- Removed dependency of Quartz .NET.
- Support for viewing encrypted PDF files.
- Added password entry dialog box.
- Support for honoring document security restrictions.
- Introduced ‘Document Info’ toolbar control to show document description and security details.
- Server-side APIs:
- Introduced overloaded method for LoadDocument which takes document password.
- Introduced “ServerEventsHandler” abstract class to provide server side document operations.
- Introduced ‘‘ViewerPreferences.Interactivity’ API for setting interactivity preferences.
- Introduced ‘ViewerPreferences.FileOperations’ API for setting restrictions on file operations .
- Introduced ‘ViewerPreferences.Rendering’ API for setting rendering and printing DPI.
- Introduced ‘ViewerPreferences.Digitization’ API for setting digitization preferences.
- Introduced ‘ViewerPreferences.Security.ForceFullUserPermissions’’ API to enforce full permissions to the user.
- Client-side APIs:
- Introduced “documentViewer.View.getCurrentPageNumber()” method to get current viewing page number in the viewer.
- Introduced “documentViewer.View.refresh()” method to re-render the document viewer.
- Introduced “propertiesInfo” property on “Preferences.VisibleFileOperationControls” to specify whether "Properties Info" control needs to be displayed.
- Introduced “enablePasswordDialog” property on “Preferences.Security” to specify whether the password dialog box needs to be shown.
- Introduced “maxNumberOfPasswordRetries” property on “Preferences.Security” to specifies the maximum number of attempts for entering the password.
- Introduced overloaded method for loadDocument which takes document password.
- Introduced “needDocumentPassword” event which fires when the document is password protected and when the correct password has not been provided via the loadDocument method.
- API refactoring:
- Renamed the following client side APIs.
- Preferences.viewSettings to Preferences.initialView
- Preferences.securitySettings to Preferences.security
- Preferences.interactiveElements.formFields to Preferences.interactiveElements.form
- Moved the following client side APIs to server side.
- WinForms Document Viewer
- Support for interactivity with link annotations for Go-to, Named and URL action types.
- Support for interactivity with Pop Up annotations.
- Document Manager
- Added GetFileInfo methods in DocumentManager to get file information such as MIME type, size, whether open password is required to open the document.
- ASP.NET Document Viewer
- Delay in updating of page count indicator.
- Page count indicator animation continues to show even after all pages are loaded for flow documents.
- Document Converter
- XPS to PNG conversion fails.
- Converter hangs for text files since the DocumentManager is not loading the text file after creating the default engine (TXT).
- Throws PDFException "Parameter is not valid" while converting from DOCX to PDF when the source DOCX contains JPEG images of Colorspace type CMYK.
- PDF Engine
- Text and shapes are not rendered at correct location when cm transformations and shapes rendering occur between BT (BeginText) and ET (EndText) operations.
- Issue in storing and restoring negative font size resulting in incorrect rotation of the rendered text.
- Multiple text extraction issues related to Type0 and Type3 fonts which is producing incorrect output while converting from PDF to text.
- Trial mark is not shown correctly in thumbnail images as the font size adjustment is not done according to the scale value of the transformation.
- Throws PDFException "Unsupported action" while reading annotations having non-standard Named action types.
- Text elements written with individual glyph positioning values are not rendered at the correct position when the glyph positioning value is not specified for any of the characters.
- While saving encrypted documents the empty string values are not encrypted causing the document to have loading issue when the saved document is loaded.
- Throws "Generic GDI+ error" while rendering PDF pages having MediaBox value that are not mentioned in the order [left bottom right top].
- Form field values are always rendered using Helvetica font ignoring the font specified in the /DA entry of form field dictionary.
- For Text form fields, the new value set is not updated in the Normal appearance stream of the field only when the old value is empty in the appearance stream.
- Appearance stream of the form fields are always created using the properties of Parent field ignoring the properties of its own.
- The value for /AS entry of Text form field is always written as String type instead of Name type causing the generated document not conforming the PDF standard.
- While saving existing loaded documents the /Metadata and /StructTreeRoot entries referenced in the /Catalog dictionary are mapped to incorrect objects.
- Word Engine
- Incorrect positioning of text boxes that overflow page bounds.
- Borders being for text boxes which don’t have a border.
- Text boxes present in headers and footers are not rendered.
- Text boxes with “no-fill” are being rendered opaque thereby hiding the content behind them.
- Information about the exact portion of the image to be displayed is not processed resulting in rendered image not being cropped.
- Relative position of floating tables not being handled resulting in improper positioning.
- Para borders not rendering correctly for paras with indents.
- Incorrect positioning of images when it is not inline and its width is more than the display region.
- Spreadsheets Engine
- Engine hangs when other format (ex: Text) files are attempted to be loaded.
- XLS parsing issue where header is parsed incorrectly resulting in failure of many files.
- Image Engine
- Rendering issue with Tiff where some data is lost.
- Text Engine
- LoadDocument method taking a stream end up closing the stream.
- Inconsistent output when rendering TXT files or converting to PDF.
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.