MICROSOFT PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT.DATA.SQLCLIENT DATA PROVIDER FOR SQL SERVER
These license terms are an agreement between you and Microsoft Corporation (or one of its affiliates). They apply to the software named above and any Microsoft services or software updates (except to the extent such services or updates are accompanied by new or additional terms, in which case those different terms apply prospectively and do not alter your or Microsoft�s rights relating to pre-updated software or services). IF YOU COMPLY WITH THESE LICENSE TERMS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHTS BELOW. BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a) General. You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your premises solely to internally evaluate it and provide feedback to Microsoft. You may not use the software in a live operating environment unless Microsoft permits you to do so under another agreement.
b) Third Party Software. The software may include third party applications that are licensed to you under this agreement or under their own terms. License terms, notices, and acknowledgements, if any, for the third party applications may be accessible online at https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2faka.ms%2fthirdpartynotices&c=E,1,jar2SEsGOvAoiyGGo6DBPFaI1FhZ1-44VrWmljFRmqCJOvotpnaJZXrU3kuFKZwqZQjzu2Gb-y0Qm-W8gIac-IUvQdXsQkR3byoMbYIwS9-WF2TFCsimZOw,&typo=1 or in an accompanying notices file. Even if such applications are governed by other agreements, the disclaimer, limitations on, and exclusions of damages below also apply to the extent allowed by applicable law.
2. TIME-SENSITIVE SOFTWARE.
a) Period. This agreement is effective on your acceptance and terminates on December 31, 2019. Microsoft may extend this agreement in its discretion.
b) Notice. You may receive periodic reminder notices of this date through the software.
c) Access to data. You may not be able to access data used in the software when it stops running.
3. PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. The software is a pre-release version. It may not operate correctly. It may be different from the commercially released version.
4. FEEDBACK. If you give feedback about the software to Microsoft, you give to Microsoft, without charge, the right to use, share and commercialize your feedback in any way and for any purpose. You will not give feedback that is subject to a license that requires Microsoft to license its software or documentation to third parties because Microsoft includes your feedback in them. These rights survive this agreement.
7. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you will not (and have no right to):
a) work around any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways;
b) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software;
c) remove, minimize, block, or modify any notices of Microsoft or its suppliers in the software;
d) disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any third party without Microsoft�s prior written approval;
e) use the software for commercial, non-profit, or revenue-generating activities;
f) use the software in any way that is against the law or to create or propagate malware; or
g) share, publish, distribute, or lend the software, provide the software as a stand-alone hosted solution for others to use, or transfer the software or this agreement to any third party.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software, which include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use. For further information on export restrictions, visit https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2faka.ms%2fexporting.&c=E,1,jr7C68Ljx9p-WKAns19siEjxT_kqBCn5YGIny-SQOTxG6bJsznRrIeOBy0eJxrgF9H1Vsnr8Yg8OqCMH3BF1syInIOYS3QCzUAL7qCHHEjYFkbNw&typo=1
9. SUPPORT SERVICES. Microsoft is not obligated under this agreement to provide any support services for the software. Any support provided is �as is�, �with all faults�, and without warranty of any kind.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and any other terms Microsoft may provide for supplements, updates, or third-party applications, is the entire agreement for the software.
11. APPLICABLE LAW AND PLACE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES. If you acquired the software in the United States or Canada, the laws of the state or province where you live (or, if a business, where your principal place of business is located) govern the interpretation of this agreement, claims for its breach, and all other claims (including consumer protection, unfair competition, and tort claims), regardless of conflict of laws principles. If you acquired the software in any other country, its laws apply. If U.S. federal jurisdiction exists, you and Microsoft consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the federal court in King County, Washington for all disputes heard in court. If not, you and Microsoft consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the Superior Court of King County, Washington for all disputes heard in court.
12. CONSUMER RIGHTS; REGIONAL VARIATIONS. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights, including consumer rights, under the laws of your state, province, or country. Separate and apart from your relationship with Microsoft, you may also have rights with respect to the party from which you acquired the software. This agreement does not change those other rights if the laws of your state, province, or country do not permit it to do so. For example, if you acquired the software in one of the below regions, or mandatory country law applies, then the following provisions apply to you:
a) Australia. You have statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in this agreement is intended to affect those rights.
b) Canada. If you acquired this software in Canada, you may stop receiving updates by turning off the automatic update feature, disconnecting your device from the Internet (if and when you re-connect to the Internet, however, the software will resume checking for and installing updates), or uninstalling the software. The product documentation, if any, may also specify how to turn off updates for your specific device or software.
c) Germany and Austria.
i. Warranty. The properly licensed software will perform substantially as described in any Microsoft materials that accompany the software. However, Microsoft gives no contractual guarantee in relation to the licensed software.
ii. Limitation of Liability. In case of intentional conduct, gross negligence, claims based on the Product Liability Act, as well as, in case of death or personal or physical injury, Microsoft is liable according to the statutory law.
Subject to the foregoing clause ii., Microsoft will only be liable for slight negligence if Microsoft is in breach of such material contractual obligations, the fulfillment of which facilitate the due performance of this agreement, the breach of which would endanger the purpose of this agreement and the compliance with which a party may constantly trust in (so-called "cardinal obligations"). In other cases of slight negligence, Microsoft will not be liable for slight negligence.
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED �AS IS.� YOU BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. MICROSOFT GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR CONDITIONS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, MICROSOFT EXCLUDES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
14. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES. IF YOU HAVE ANY BASIS FOR RECOVERING DAMAGES DESPITE THE PRECEDING DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY, YOU CAN RECOVER FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO U.S. $5.00. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This limitation applies to (a) anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party applications; and (b) claims for breach of contract, warranty, guarantee, or condition; strict liability, negligence, or other tort; or any other claim; in each case to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your state, province, or country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential, or other damages.
15. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. The software, including its user interface, features and documentation, is confidential and proprietary to Microsoft and its suppliers.
a) Use. For five years after installation of the software or its commercial release, whichever is first, you may not disclose confidential information to third parties. You may disclose confidential information only to your employees and consultants who need to know the information. You must have written agreements with them that protect the confidential information at least as much as this agreement.
b) Survival. Your duty to protect confidential information survives this agreement.
c) Exclusions. You may disclose confidential information in response to a judicial or governmental order. You must first give written notice to Microsoft to allow it to seek a protective order or otherwise protect the information. Confidential information does not include information that:
i. becomes publicly known through no wrongful act;
ii. you received from a third party who did not breach confidentiality obligations to Microsoft or its suppliers; or
iii. you developed independently.
Please note: As this software is distributed in Canada, some of the clauses in this agreement are provided below in French.
Remarque: Ce logiciel �tant distribu� au Canada, certaines des clauses dans ce contrat sont fournies ci-dessous en fran�ais.
EXON�RATION DE GARANTIE. Le logiciel vis� par une licence est offert � tel quel �. Toute utilisation de ce logiciel est � votre seule risque et p�ril. Microsoft n�accorde aucune autre garantie expresse. Vous pouvez b�n�ficier de droits additionnels en vertu du droit local sur la protection des consommateurs, que ce contrat ne peut modifier. La ou elles sont permises par le droit locale, les garanties implicites de qualit� marchande, d�ad�quation � un usage particulier et d�absence de contrefa�on sont exclues.
LIMITATION DES DOMMAGES-INT�R�TS ET EXCLUSION DE RESPONSABILIT� POUR LES DOMMAGES. Vous pouvez obtenir de Microsoft et de ses fournisseurs une indemnisation en cas de dommages directs uniquement � hauteur de 5,00 $ US. Vous ne pouvez pr�tendre � aucune indemnisation pour les autres dommages, y compris les dommages sp�ciaux, indirects ou accessoires et pertes de b�n�fices.
Cette limitation concerne:
� tout ce qui est reli� au logiciel, aux services ou au contenu (y compris le code) figurant sur des sites Internet tiers ou dans des programmes tiers; et
� les r�clamations au titre de violation de contrat ou de garantie, ou au titre de responsabilit� stricte, de n�gligence ou d�une autre faute dans la limite autoris�e par la loi en vigueur.
Elle s�applique �galement, m�me si Microsoft connaissait ou devrait conna�tre l��ventualit� d�un tel dommage. Si votre pays n�autorise pas l�exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilit� pour les dommages indirects, accessoires ou de quelque nature que ce soit, il se peut que la limitation ou l�exclusion ci-dessus ne s�appliquera pas � votre �gard.
EFFET JURIDIQUE. Le pr�sent contrat d�crit certains droits juridiques. Vous pourriez avoir d�autres droits pr�vus par les lois de votre pays. Le pr�sent contrat ne modifie pas les droits que vous conf�rent les lois de votre pays si celles-ci ne le permettent pas.