dotnet add package MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet --version 0.6.1
NuGet\Install-Package MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet -Version 0.6.1
<PackageReference Include="MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet" Version="0.6.1" />
paket add MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet --version 0.6.1
#r "nuget: MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet, 0.6.1"
// Install MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet&version=0.6.1 // Install MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=MASES.EntityFrameworkCore.KNet&version=0.6.1
KEFCore: the EntityFrameworkCore provider for Apache Kafka
KEFCore is the EntityFrameworkCore provider for Apache Kafka. Based on KNet it allows to use Apache Kafka as a distributed database.
This project adheres to the Contributor Covenant code of conduct. By participating, you are expected to uphold this code. Please report unacceptable behavior to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of the project
This project aims to create a provider to access the information stored within an Apache Kafka cluster using the paradigm behind Entity Framework. The project is based on available information within the official EntityFrameworkCore repository, many classes was copied from there as reported in the official documentation within the Microsoft website at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ef/core/providers/writing-a-provider.
KEFCore uses KNet, and indeed JCOBridge with its features, to obtain many benefits:
- JVM and CLR, or CoreCLR, runs in the same process, but are insulated from each other;
- JCOBridge does not make any code injection into JVM;
- JCOBridge does not use any other communication mechanism than JNI;
- .NET (CLR) inherently inherits the cyber-security levels of running JVM and Apache Kafka;
- Direct access the JVM from any .NET application:
- Any Java/Scala class behind Apache Kafka can be directly managed: Consumer, Producer, Administration, Streams, Server-side, and so on;
- No need to learn new APIs: we try to expose the same APIs in C# style;
- No extra validation cycle on protocol and functionality: bug fix, improvements, new features are immediately available;
- Documentation is shared.
Have a look at the following JCOBridge resources:
- Release notes
Non Profit or University Commercial info: Professional or Enterprise
- Community Edition
- Commercial Edition
- Latest release:
KAFKA is a registered trademark of The Apache Software Foundation. KEFCore has no affiliation with and is not endorsed by The Apache Software Foundation. Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. EntityFramework is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
|.NET||net6.0 net6.0-android net6.0-ios net6.0-maccatalyst net6.0-macos net6.0-tvos net6.0-windows net7.0 net7.0-android net7.0-ios net7.0-maccatalyst net7.0-macos net7.0-tvos net7.0-windows|
- MASES.KNet (>= 1.5.1)
- Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore (>= 7.0.4)
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.