AvalonEdit is the WPF-based text editor used in SharpDevelop. There are two builds of AvalonEdit included in this package. One that targets .NET 4.0 and one that targets .NET 3.5.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package AvalonEdit -Version 5.0.4
dotnet add package AvalonEdit --version 5.0.4
<PackageReference Include="AvalonEdit" Version="5.0.4" />
paket add AvalonEdit --version 5.0.4
* License changed from LGPL to MIT
* New Feature: Hide mouse cursor while typing (enabled by default)
* New Feature: Highlight current line (disabled by default)
* New Feature: Overstrike mode (disabled by default)
* New Feature: 'underline' attribute in syntax highlighting definitions
* AvalonEdit now raises the WPF DataObject attached events on clipboard and drag'n'drop operations.
* Encoding detection now distinguishes between UTF-8 with BOM and UTF-8 without BOM. This prevents AvalonEdit from adding the BOM to existing UTF-8 files.
* Improved handling of grapheme clusters. A base character followed by a combining mark is now treated as a single character by the caret movement logic.
* Added RichText, RichTextModel and RichTextColorizer.
* Renamed the VB highlighting mode from "VBNET" to "VB"
* Changed IHighlighter API in order to support SharpDevelop's semantic C# highlighter
* The regex-based highlighting engine was moved into its own class (HighlightingEngine) to be separated from the state-tracking logic in DocumentHighlighter.
* Add FileName property to TextDocument class.
* DocumentChangeEventArgs.RemovedText/InsertedText are now of type ITextSource instead of string.
* The error-tolerant XML parser included with AvalonEdit was removed. An improved version of this parser is part of the NRefactory 5 project.
* Removed some obsolete APIs.
This package has no dependencies.