Gnostice XtremeDocumentStudio .NET is the next-generation multi-format document-processing component suite for .NET developers. Currently, XtremeDocumentStudio .NET WinForms Viewer control supports viewing, printing and converting PDF, DOCX, DOC, BMP, JPEG, PNG, WMF, EMF, TIFF and MTIFF. More formats will be introduced in future. It can also convert document from one format to another, such as DOCX-to-PDF or PDF to images without requiring any other external software or libraries. It can also intelligently reconstruct page elements when converting PDF to DOCX.
XtremeDocumentStudio .NET is 100% managed code. It can natively process supported formats without requiring external software such as Microsoft Word, Open XML SDK, Word Automation Services, Adobe PDF library or GhostScript.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package XtremeDocumentStudio.NETWinForms -Version 18.1.0
dotnet add package XtremeDocumentStudio.NETWinForms --version 18.1.0
<PackageReference Include="XtremeDocumentStudio.NETWinForms" Version="18.1.0" />
paket add XtremeDocumentStudio.NETWinForms --version 18.1.0
Version 2018 R1 - May 24th, 2018
- ASP.NET Document Viewer
- appSettings (in Web.Config)
- Introduced an additional option for "DocumentCache" property to cache the input document to database.
- Introduced "DBConnectionStringName" property to specify the database connection string name.
- Introduced “DBCleanupRetentionTime” property to specify the number of days to retain a document’s processed data since the time the document was last viewed.
- Introduced “DBCleanupIntervalTime” property to specify the database cleanup time in days.
- Renamed the option “License-Key” to “LicenseKey”.
- Server-side features:
- Introduced new document cache store (database). This enables efficient document viewing, especially when using multiple servers in a load-balanced setup.
- Client-side features:
- Introduced loadDocumentFromServer(serverDocumentPath: string) API to view document from server document path.
- Animation is added for progressive page count for flow-based documents.
- WinForms Document Viewer
- Introduced a new property “MouseMode” in DocumentViewer to change the mouse pointer actions. It provides three options: pan, selection and marquee zoom.
- Introduced area selection in the document viewer control.
- Introduced drag and zoom feature in document viewer control.
- Implemented Zonal OCR, where an area can be selected through viewer and the cropped image of the selected area is returned through a mouse event and the image can be sent to digitization engine to make it searchable.
- Added image preprocessing techniques to improve accuracy of recognized text.
- Upgraded to Tesseract version 3.0.2
- Word Engine
- Added functionality to optionally enable "WordPerfect 6.x for Windows" style text justification.
- ASP.NET Document Viewer
- Incorrect handling of Bookmarks in disk caching.
- Incorrect handling of radio buttons at client side when its radio items are in different pages.
- Font color is not considered while rendering form fields.
- Radio button’s interactivity is lost due to Z-index issue.
- Form field parsing issue where the caption of push button is not being fully read.
- Checkboxes which acts as radio buttons are not checked while rendering.
- PDF Engine
- Updated fault tolerance logic to handle faults such as incorrect xref offset specified in startxref, null reference exception if a valid PDF object is not present, same object offsets values in xref table entries and incorrect /Prev entry in the trailer dictionary.
- Bookmarks’ actions modification issue where the edited bookmarks changes are not saved in the output document.
- Text field rendering issue where the flags are not processed for a child textfield.
- Individual glyph positioning value specified before first character in TJ operator is not handled.
- FontList.XML file is not created when the base directory doesn’t have write permission. So creation path is changed to temporary folder.
- Formfield’s coordinates are calculated relative to the current page even if the field does not belong to the page.
- Saving the document results in blank pages when the page content stream in the loaded document already contains a new-line character at the beginning of the stream.
- Captions of push button not being read correctly from the appearance stream when the caption is split across multiple text rendering operators.
- Word Engine
- DOCX rendering issue where image in the header and table are not rendered.
- Table rendering issue where paragraph borders inside the nested table cells are overflowing.
- Table rendering issue where the text position is incorrect inside the table.
- Exception thrown when rendering Text run which has a zero font size.
- DOC format parsing issue where the engine hangs when a corrupted file is loaded.
- Rendering Issue where table row overflowing a page is not being handled correctly.
- Rendering Issue where table row with "cantSplit" property set to true is not being handled correctly.
- Rendering Issue where table rows with "exact" height is not being handled correctly
- If a numbered paragraph in a table cell overflows to a new page then the overflowed text is not being laid out properly.
- Incorrect clipping of rectangles while rendering table cell contents.
- Page wise conversion from DOCX to text produces files with incorrect contents.
- Exception thrown when converting DOCX to HTML because of invalid URI in the document.
- Minor theme fonts are not parsed properly resulting in using incorrect font while rendering DOCX file.
- Text lines are not rendered properly when a paragraph has spaces at the end of the line and it is out of boundary.
- Alternate font not being considered resulting in rendering text with wrong font.
- Parsing issue with different locales.
- Line spacing is not applied to an empty paragraph resulting in less paragraph spacing.
- Incorrect paragraph spacing when paragraph contains section break.
- Increase in table height when there are nested tables as an extra paragraph spacing is added in the end.
- Trailing spaces are not ignored when aligning a paragraph to right or center resulting in wrong alignment.
- Rendering issue where Default table style is not being applied.
- Words and characters are bunching up together due to insufficient inter-word and inter-character spacing.
- DOC rendering issue with Large headers resulting in infinite page rendering.
- Spreadsheet Engine
- Byte order is not considered while parsing cell formats. It is always parsed in single byte order resulting in wrong cell format.
- Incorrect calculation of cell value while parsing when it has a floating point number.
- XLSX parsing issue where “Very Hidden” sheet state is not handled resulting in incorrect rendering.
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.