dotnet add package Tellurian.Geospatial --version 2.5.0
NuGet\Install-Package Tellurian.Geospatial -Version 2.5.0
<PackageReference Include="Tellurian.Geospatial" Version="2.5.0" />
paket add Tellurian.Geospatial --version 2.5.0
#r "nuget: Tellurian.Geospatial, 2.5.0"
// Install Tellurian.Geospatial as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Tellurian.Geospatial&version=2.5.0 // Install Tellurian.Geospatial as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Tellurian.Geospatial&version=2.5.0
Strongly typed object model for geospatial calculations and transformations. All types are also serializable with the DataContractSerializer and System.Text.Json.
Released under MIT license 2022.
From release 2.3.0 this package only supports .NET 6+.
From release 2.4.0: Changed serialization property names for some types, which may cause serialization to break when older version of this package is used in the 'other' end of the wire.
From release 2.5.0:
- ToString() changed for angle, latitude, longitude, position, vector, and stretch. See the source test project for expected output strings.
- Public constructors removed for angle, distance, latitude, longitude, position, and speed, as they was only intended for deserialization and this works without them. Use static factory methods instead.
- Equality and comparisions for angle, distance, and speed now correctly considerer compare tolerance.
- Obsolete methods are marked for future removal. Consider make the changes suggested.
Overview of functionality
Types for basic calculations of dictances etc. and building blocks for more advanced spatial algorithms.
- Angle representing 0 ⇐ degrees < 360 and radians 0 ⇐ radians < 2Π.
- Distance representing zero or positive distances in meters and kilometers.
- Position with Latitude and Longitude representing a two dimensional location on earth surface. The user must decide on which datum a position is expressed, for exampe WGS 84, ETRS 89 or similar.
- Speed representing a zero or positive speed in m/s and km/h.
- Stretch between two Positions representing propertes for stretches on earth surface, ie. distance, direction, on track distance etc.
- Vector represening a Distance with an Angle.
Each of these objects has value safe initializers and useful methods for calculating distances, angles etc.
Types for modelling surfaces. Added from release 2.1.0.
- CircularSurface representing a ReferencePosition with a Radius.
- PolygonalSurface representing a ReferencePosition sourrounded by a polygonal border.
Surfaces has a Includes(Position) method that tells if a Position lies on or within the surface's border. You can create your own by deriving from Surface base class.
Types and methods for transforming between cartesian and planar coordinates.
- EarthEllipsoid represents the form of the earth. There are a few preconfigured, see below. You can easy create other.
- MapProjection represents how coordinates are mapped to the earth. There are a few preconfigured, see below. You can easy create other.
- GridCoordinate represents a planar coordinate.
- GaussKrügerTransformer uses the objects above to transform between cartesian and planar coordinates.
There are built-in map projections for planar coordinates:
- MapProjections.UTMxx, where 'xx' is any of zone 32-35 used in Europe.
- MapProjections.Sweref99TM and MapProjections.RT90 used in Sweden.
There are built-in ellipsoids:
- Ellipsoids.WGS84 used for most GPS-devices.
- Ellipsoids.GRS80 used for many transformations to/from planar coordinates.
The method for calculating distances between Positions is pluggable because applications have different requirements regarding precision and speed of calculation. The following DistanceCalculator is included:
- HaversineDistanceCalculator is a fast calculation that is suitable for distances down to decimeters, suitable for tracking of movable objects. This is also the default DistanceCalculator.
You can write additional distance calculators by implementing the IDistanceCalculator interface and use it to calculate distances of Stretches.
A Tellurian.Geospatial.Benchmarks project is available in the source code repository as part of the solution for Tellurian.Geospatial. This project can be used to analyse performance issues with this package. If you add benchmarks, please also make a pull request to provide these to all of us.
This implementation is inspired by part of Latitude/longitude spherical geodesy tools
MIT Licence (c) Chris Veness 2002-2022 https://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html
Implementation of the GaussKrügerTransformer is based on formulas from Swedish Land Survey (Lantmäteriet)
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net6.0 is compatible. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 was computed. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed.|
- Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp (>= 4.2.0)
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.
2.5.0. A number of possibly breaking changes, see README.