Install-Package NFluent -Version 3.0.0-alpha-0002
dotnet add package NFluent --version 3.0.0-alpha-0002
<PackageReference Include="NFluent" Version="3.0.0-alpha-0002" />
paket add NFluent --version 3.0.0-alpha-0002
#r "nuget: NFluent, 3.0.0-alpha-0002"
// Install NFluent as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=NFluent&version=3.0.0-alpha-0002&prerelease // Install NFluent as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=NFluent&version=3.0.0-alpha-0002&prerelease
NFluent is an ergonomic check library which aims to fluent your .NET TDD experience (based on simple Check.That() check statements). NFluent aims your tests to be fluent to write (with an happy 'dot' auto completion experience), fluent to read (i.e. as close as possible to plain English expression), but also fluent to troubleshoot, in a less-error-prone way comparing to the classical .NET test frameworks. NFluent is directly, but also freely, inspired by the awesome Java FEST fluent check/reflection library (http://fest.easytesting.org/).
- No dependencies.
- No dependencies.
- No dependencies.
NuGet packages (7)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on NFluent:
Iago is a tool to write bdd like tests in kre. use `iago.runner` to execute your tests
NFluent checks for checking HttpResponseMessages.
Iago runner is a tool to run bdd like tests in kre
A library for writing flexible and easy to maintain acceptance tests
Parses offline registry hives
GitHub repositories (12)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on NFluent:
More than a ReClass port to the .NET platform.
The FileHelpers are a free and easy to use .NET library to read/write data from fixed length or delimited records in files, strings or streams
This repository was deprecated, use:
WireMock.Net is a flexible library for stubbing and mocking web HTTP responses using advanced request matching and response templating. Based on the functionality from http://WireMock.org, but extended with more functionality.
An overlay to track Elite Dangerous blueprints progress in real time
# V 3.0.0
## Major changes
* You can provide anonymous types and tuples when using IsEqualTo against any type. The check will be made against all
* Dropped support for Net Framework 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0. NFluent supports Net 3.5 SP1, Net. 4.5.2 +, Net Standard 1.3+ and Net Standard 2.0+.
If you can't upgrade your framework version to a supported one, please use NFluent 2.7.1.
* `Check.ThatEnum`has been removed. You must use `Check.That` instead.
## New Checks
* `Is`: Checks if _sut == expected_. This is a strongly typed equivalent to `IsEqualTo`.
* `IsGreaterOrEqualThan`: Checks if _sut_ >= _expected_.
* `IsLessOrEqualThan`: Checks if _sut_ <= _expected_.
## New feautres
* You can provide custom comparer for any type, using `Check.RegisterComparer` like this `Check.Register<MyType>(MyCustomComparer)`.
You can also use `RegisterLocalComparer` to limit its usage to a declaration scope.
## Breaking changes
* Equality logic changed for `IDictionary`: dictionaries are considered equals if they have the same keys and
the same values for each key. In NFluent V2, entries needed to be declared in the some order or else they were considered as **different** but **equivalent**.
* You need to specify
* `IsAnInstanceOf<nullableType>(null)` now fails (with an appropriate message). Previously, it did succeed. But,
as captured in issue #68, this behavior was triggered by a bug and kept due to a poor error message when fixed.
* The `IStructCheck<T>` interface has been removed as well as associated extensibility helper. Those were dedicated
to value `types`, you can migrate your existing extensions to the `ICheck<T>` type instead. Please open an issue if
you need help.
* HasFieldWithSameValues resulted in false positive when string fields had the same value.
* IsNotEqualTo now properly preserves expected type
* Ilmproved rerporting of differences for enumerations and dictionaries to make them more consistent and fixed some inaccuracies.
# GitHub Issues
* #325, #327, #330, #332
Here is the list of methods, classes and other obsolete stuff that have been removed in this version as well
as workaround advices.
* Drop support for Net 2.0 and 3.0: keep using NFluent V2.x versions if you support for these.
* `ILambdaCheck`: the definition was kept to prevent breaking build, but it was no longer used. If this is a
problem for you, open an issue
* `IsPositive` (available for numbers): please use `IsStrictlyPositive` instead.
* `IsNegative` (available for numbers): please use `IsStrictlyNegative` instead.
* `IsLessThan` (available for numbers): please use `IsStrictlyNegative` instead.
* `IsGreaterThan` (available for numbers): please use `IsStrictlyGreaterThan` instead.
* `IsSameReferenceThan`: please use `IsSameReferenceAs` instead.
* `HasFieldsEqualToThose`: please use `HasFieldsWithSameValues` instead.
* `HasFieldsNotEqualToThose`: please use `HasNotFieldsWithSameValues` instead.
* `IsAFaillingCheckWithMessage`: please use `IsAFailingCheckWithMessage` instead.
* `IsAFaillingCheck`: please use `IsAFailingCheck` instead.
* `Properties` (available for enumeration): please use `Extracting` instead.
* `Checker.BuildLinkWhich` (used for custom extension): please use `ExtensibilityHelper.BuildCheckLinkWhich` instead.
* `Checker.ExecuteCheckAndProvideSubItem` (used for custom extension): please 'ExtensibilityHelper' static class methods instead.
# V 2.7.1
* HasFieldsWithSameValues failed to properly compare when the expected value contained duplicate string.
More generally, instances where only checked once for equality; any subsequent check was assumed to be succesful.
This could lead to false positive (i.e. checks succeeded when it should have failed).
This regression was introduced by V 2.2.0 in 02/2018. Sorry about that.
# GitHub Issues