Software driver to access Simatic S7 PLC data via TCP/IP under .NET.
Very professional framework for quick and easy implementation in minutes.
High performance access. No need for PLC know how.
Phone and Email support by developer.
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package IPS7LnkNet.Advanced -Version 126.96.36.199
dotnet add package IPS7LnkNet.Advanced --version 188.8.131.52
<PackageReference Include="IPS7LnkNet.Advanced" Version="184.108.40.206" />
paket add IPS7LnkNet.Advanced --version 220.127.116.11
= 04.09.2017 - V18.104.22.168 =
* Fixed Issue with reading the maximum number of characters in case of
= 30.05.2017 - V22.214.171.124 =
* Fixed Issue with reading data areas reaching the limits of a data block.
* Fixed Issue with reading string values longer than 221 characters.
= 08.04.2017 - V126.96.36.199 =
* Fixed Issue reading data using ReadValues(PlcType|IEnumabler<PlcType>) : object, which
led to a "shrinked" result. This "shrinked" result was produced in case there the same
PlcType is used multiple times the data was only provided for one of them.
= 12.10.2016 - V188.8.131.52 =
* New Changed sequence/logic within that IPlcValue.Changed events were raised so far. Until
this version a Changed event has been raised during reading the value(s) as long the
connection is in synchronized state. This mean so far that a subsequent operation
using the same connection within the Changed event handler + separate thread results
into a deadlock. Beginning from this version (V184.108.40.206) the Changed events are raised
afterwards the synchronized state of the connection has been exited.
= 28.09.2016 - V220.127.116.11 =
* Fixed Issue with missing week of day portion in PlcDateTime.
= 28.09.2016 - V18.104.22.168 =
* New Implemented deep-value change verification in PlcArray instances to also raise the
Changed event whenever at least one item in the array gets changed during a value
= 11.03.2016 - V22.214.171.124 =
* New Implemented optimized Multi-Write (WriteValues) to longer write each value within one
transaction. This does now speed up the performance when writing multipe values at once.
= 24.02.2015 - V126.96.36.199 =
* Fixed Removed internal buffered read request cache to improve low level driver optimization.
This does also fix issues with reading the same string values at once.
= 20.01.2016 - V188.8.131.52 =
* New Upgraded to IPS7LnkNet V184.108.40.206
* Fixed MultiRead using PlcString since V220.127.116.11:
In case of using MultiRead to read the same PlcString multiple times the driver decremented
the length of the string. As soon the length reached a value lower than zero the MultiRead
did throw an exception.
= 27.12.2015 - V18.104.22.168 =
* New Implemented method to retrieve PLC block information like the existence or size of a
DataBlock defined in a PLC device.
* New Implemented PlcOperand creation using string values.
= 16.12.2015 - V22.214.171.124 =
* Fixed Issue with ReadValues using PlcString data which addresses data areas which
reach the end of a datablock.
= 15.09.2015 - V126.96.36.199 =
* Fixed Issue with unresolved locking situations in multi-threaded environments when an
exception occured during the connection is about being used by multiple threads
at the same time.
= 04.09.2015 - V188.8.131.52 =
* New New product icon.
= 03.03.2015 - V184.108.40.206 =
* Fixed InvalidCastException while reading a Bool using ReadBoolean.
= 26.02.2015 - V220.127.116.11 =
* New Implemented SiemensChannelType enumeration on SiemensDevice to manage the type of
channel to use on a connection created by the SiemensDevice instead to manage
it via the generic PlcDeviceConnection using the PlcDeviceConnectionType.
In general a channel type is only relevant for the Siemens provider. Therefore the
PlcDeviceConnectionType will become obsolete in future releases.
* New Implemented IsDisposed property to internal indiciate, that a PlcDeviceConnection
is diposed of.
* New Improved GetInfo() method on SiemensDeviceConnection to not longer produce
re-occuring connection status changes and status evaluations.
* Fixed Wrong calculation of End Address of PlcType instances representing a Bool.
* New Implemented check in PlcType to disallow the use of a different PlcAddress.RawType as
Bit for PlcType instances with PlcTypeCode.Bool.
= 24.02.2015 - V18.104.22.168 =
* New Reworked implementation to better take use of the maximum string length property
(Length). Additionally care about the PlcString.MinLength and PlcString.MaxLength
and do not longer pad value with whitespaces.
* Fixed Issue with wrong type of buffer array (changed short buffer to float buffer).
* New Fixed issue with out dated return data from ReadValues and simplified some Read
methods to take more use of the EnumerableHelper.
= 23.02.2015 - V22.214.171.124 =
* New Reworked PlcStatus to internally LatestXXX properties to directly get/set the current
status information without the need to end initialization to get the latest status
information while processing within a PLC operation context.
* New In case of Multi-Read (ReadValues) and Multi-Write (WriteValues) the connection does
not longer reflect data status codes. Data status codes are now stored on the
connection using the PlcType used and on each IPlcValue instance specific PlcStatus.
= 19.02.2015 - V126.96.36.199 =
* New Improved Exception and Status information.
* New Improved Status and Value change handling in transactional way.
* Fixed Multi-Threaded problem in PlcType.Of(...)
= 09.02.2015 - V188.8.131.52 =
* New Implemented new overloads for GetValue and SetValue. Additionally implemented
ValidateValue. Furthermore reworked mechanism to get and set the Value property and
the implementation of GetValue and SetValue to better integrate with new solutions and
provide more meaningful codeflows for deriving classes.
* Fixed Fixed issues with reading and writing char values.
* New Upgraded to IPS7LnkNet V184.108.40.206
* Fixed Connection to PLC didn't repair itself automatically.
* Fixed Using threads with connections: License expired appeard several times.
* New BETA: Implemented new beta features like PlcAttachedValue and PlcDelegateValue.
= 15.12.2014 - V220.127.116.11 =
* Fixed Issue with duplicate PlcOperand instances in multi-threaded environments.
= 09.12.2014 - V18.104.22.168 =
* Fixed Issue with reading reference data (array data) using ReadValues on a
PlcDeviceConnection instance which lead to overridden data on reading same address
areas by the same PlcType and to a reference to the internal data buffer. Furthermore
user specific reference data was overridden with a reference to the internal data
= 28.11.2014 - V22.214.171.124 =
* Fixed Issue with failed auto connect attempts then starting a communication while the
network device is disabled at start and enabled during further connect/access
* New Updated IPS7LnkNet (V1.73): Logo/S7-200 license managment implemented.
= 23.11.2014 - V126.96.36.199 =
* Fixed Issue with default values when reading data using ReadValues.
= 07.11.2014 - V188.8.131.52 =
* Fixed Changed base class of PlcException from ExternalException to Exception, because upon
the unerlaying PLC layer does not longer belong to any External (unmanaged) API.
Furthermore this change does lead to a fully support of the use in Windows Store Apps.
= 12.09.2014 - V184.108.40.206 =
* New Added new connection state Disconnected.
* New Extended global notitications with new event ConnectionDisconnected.
* New Extended abstract base class PlcDeviceConnection with new event Disconnected.
* New Reworked connection state handling to determine during each interaction with a
connection whether a connection is either in connected or disconnected state.
= 28.08.2014 - V220.127.116.11 =
* New Added setter to generic IPlcValue<T> interface to also support setting the Value
* New (Internal) Implemented PlcValueFactory which creates according IPlcValue/IPlcValue<T>
instances using PlcType information.
* New (Internal) Added PlcStatus.Changed handling using PlcNotifications in
PlcDeviceConnection through a general changed event handler instead of always
implementing PlcNotifications calls after updating the local PlcStatus object. This
ensures that on each update the PlcNotifications class is used to evaluate the new
* New New event ConnectionCreated on PlcNotifications which occurs always after a new
PlcDeviceConnection has been created.
* New New events Connecting and Connected on PlcDeviceConnection which inform about that a
connection to a device is about and has been fully established.
* New New event StateChanged on PlcDeviceConnection which informs about any change to the
State property of the PlcDeviceConnection.
* New New event ConnectionStateChanged on PlcNotifications which informs about any change to
the State property of any PlcDeviceConnection.
* New New property IsConnected on PlcDeviceConnection which indicates whether a connection to
a device has been fully established.
* New New method Connect() on PlcDeviceConnection to manually fully establish a connection to
* Removed State change to Faulted after a PlcDeviceConnection has been disposed of.
* New The data status cache of a PlcDeviceConnection does not always contain the same
PlcStatus instance. This allows to subscribe on status changes on PlcType specific
* New The PlcConnectionState enum does now define the new states Connecting and Connected.
* New The PlcConnectionStateChangedEventArgs class is used by the new StateChanged event on
PlcDeviceConnection and does provide OldState and NewState properties.
* Changed The previous PlcDeviceConnectionEventArgs class is now a subclass of PlcNotifications.
Because it is specific to the events provided by the PlcNotifications class and does
therefore on one hand provide the PlcDeviceConnection affected, because there is no
sender provided by the events and on the other hand it would conflict with the new
PlcDeviceConnectionEventArgs which does not provide the event source connection.
* Changed Renamed the ValidateStatusDelegate to EvaluateStatusDelegate to better match the
concept behind that the callback is used. Additionally added a bool as return type to
indicate that framework specific evaluation is to be performed.
* New (Internal) Implemented Referesh method on DataBuffer class used by the
SiemensDeviceConnection to update the internal buffer data after its internal
descriptor has been changed.
* New (Internal) Reduced API calls to GetSockErr() in SiemensDeviceConnection.
* New Implemented exception handling in VirtualDeviceConnection to ensure that all PlcDevice
provider implementations do behave in the same way.
* New Implemented exception handling in WebDeviceConnection to ensure that all PlcDevice
provider implementations do behvae in the same way. Additionally adjusted the existing
exception handling to match the expected behavior.
* New Implemented Exception property on PlcStatus which provides the according PlcException
instance initialized with the status information provided by a PlcStatus instance.
* New Implemented InnerException property on PlcStatus which provides the most recent
Exception instance thrown by an internal operation. This property is additionally
synchronized with the SocketCode property.
* New Implemented TimeStamp property on PlcStatus which does indicate the DateTime of the
most recent update of the status meta data provided by the PlcStatus.
* New Implemented Type property on PlcStatus which does provide the PlcType information of
the PlcType used by the most recent operation.
* New (Internal) Implemented Copy() method on PlcStatus to create a deep copy of a PlcStatus.
* New (Internal) Implemented additional overloads to the Update() method on PlcStatus to
also update the new status meta data (InnerException, Type).
* New (Internal) Reworked implementation of the Update() method on PlcStatus to always update
its whole status information and not only on different status data (as before). This
does now also include that a Changed event is always raised when ever Update() is
* New All abstract Read/Write methods on PlcDeviceConnection are now called using at least
one PlcType. This instance does now obsolete previous parameters likes
address:PlcAddress, count:int or length:int.
= 12.08.2014 - V18.104.22.168 =
* New Internal Changed event on PlcDeviceEndPoint which occurs on any changes made on an
* Fixed Reset cached connection in PlcDevice in case of any endpoint changes.
* New General exception handling on each API call to the Siemens provider.
= 21.07.2014 - V22.214.171.124 =
* Fixed Wrong calculation of S5TIME values (cause: high and low byte had to be reversed).
This package has no dependencies.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.