The Open XML SDK provides tools for working with Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents. It supports scenarios such as:
- High-performance generation of word-processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Populating content in Word files from an XML data source.
- Splitting up (shredding) a Word or PowerPoint file into multiple files, and combining multiple Word/PowerPoint files into a single file.
- Extraction of data from Excel documents.
- Searching and replacing content in Word/PowerPoint using regular expressions.
- Updating cached data and embedded spreadsheets for charts in Word/PowerPoint.
- Document modification, such as removing tracked revisions or removing unacceptable content from documents.
Install-Package DocumentFormat.OpenXml -Version 2.10.0
dotnet add package DocumentFormat.OpenXml --version 2.10.0
<PackageReference Include="DocumentFormat.OpenXml" Version="2.10.0" />
paket add DocumentFormat.OpenXml --version 2.10.0
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on [Keep a Changelog](http://keepachangelog.com/en/1.0.0/)
and this project adheres to [Semantic Versioning](http://semver.org/spec/v2.0.0.html).
## Version 2.10.0
- Added initial Office 2016 support, including `FileFormatVersion.Office2016`, `ExtendedChartPart` and other new schema elements (#586)
- Added .NET Standard 2.0 target (#587)
- Include symbols support for debugging (#650)
- Exposed `IXmlNamespaceResolver` from `XmlPath` instead of formatted list of strings to expose namespace/prefix mapping (#536)
- Implemented `IComparable<T>` and `IEquatable<T>` on `OpenXmlComparableSimpleValue` to allow comparisons without boxing (#550)
- Added `OpenXmlPackage.RootPart` to easily access the root part on any package (#661)
- Updated to v4.7.0 of System.IO.Packaging which brings in a number of perf fixes (#660)
- Consolidated data for element children/properties to reduce duplication (#540, #547, #548)
- Replaced opaque binary data for element children constraints with declarative model (#603)
- A number of performance fixes to minimize allocations where possible
- 20% size reduction from 5.5mb to 4.3mb
- The validation subsystem went through a drastic redesign. This may cause changes in what errors are reported.
- Fixed some documentation inconsistencies (#582)
- Fixed `ToFlatOpcDocument`, `ToFlatOpcString`, `FromFlatOpcDocument`, and `FromFlatOpcString` to correctly process Alternative Format Import Parts, or "altChunk parts" (#659)
## Version 2.9.1 - 2019-03-13
- Added a workaround for a .NET Native compiler issue that doesn't support calling Marshal.SizeOf<T> with a struct that contains auto-implemented properties (#569)
- Fixed a documentation error (#528)
## Version 2.9.0 - 2018-06-08
- `ListValue` now implements `IEnumerable<T>` (#385)
- Added a `WebExtension.Frozen` and obsoleted misspelled `Fronzen` property (#460)
- Added an `OpenXmlPackage.CanSave` property that indicates whether a platform supports saving without closing the package (#468)
- Simple types (except `EnumValue` and `ListValue`) now implement `IComparable<T>` and `IEquatable<T>` (#487)
- Removed state that was carried in validators that would hold onto packages when not in use (#390)
- `EnumSimpleType` parsing was improved and uses less allocations and caches for future use (#408)
- Fixed a number of spelling mistakes in documentation (#462)
- When calling `OpenXmlPackage.Save` on .NET Framework, the package is now flushed to the stream (#468)
- Fixed race condition while performing strict translation of attributes (#480)
- Schema data for validation uses a more compact format leading to a reduction in dll size and performance improvements for loading (#482, #483)
- A number of APIs are marked as obsolete as they have simple workarounds and will be removed in the next major change
- Fixed some constraint values for validation that contained Office 2007, even when it was only supported in later versions
- Updated `System.IO.Packaging` to 4.5.0 which fixes some issues on Xamarin platforms as well as minimizes dependencies on .NET Framework
## Version 2.8.1 - 2018-01-03
- Corrected package license file reference to show updated MIT License
## Version 2.8.0 - 2017-12-28
- Default runtime directive for better .NET Native support.
- Fixed part saving to be encoded with UTF8 but no byte order mark. This caused some renderers to not be able to open the generated document.
- Fixed exceptions thrown when errors are encountered while opening packages to be consistent across platforms.
- Fixed issue on Mono platforms using System.IO.Packaging NuGet package (Xamarin, etc) when creating a document.
- Fixed manual saving of a package when autosave is false.
- Fixed schema constraint data and standardized serialization across platforms.
- Upgraded to `System.IO.Packaging` version 4.4.0 which fixes some consistency with .NET Framework in opening packages.
## Version 2.7.2 - 2017-06-06
- Package now supports .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0 in addition to .NET Standard 1.3 and .NET Framework 4.6
- Fixed issue where assembly version wasn't set in assembly.
## Version 2.7.1 - 2017-01-31
- Fixed crash when validation is invoked on .NET Framework with strong-naming enforced.
## Version 2.7.0 - 2017-01-24
- SDK now supports .NET Standard 1.3
- Moved to using System.IO.Packaging from dotnet/corefx for .NET Standard 1.3 and WindowsBase for .NET 4.5.
- Cleaned up project build system to use .NET CLI.
## Version 2.6.1 - 2016-01-15
- Added hundreds of XUnit tests. There are now a total of 1333 tests. They take about 20 minutes to run, so be patient.
## Version 2.6.0 - 2015-06-29
- Incorporated a replacement `System.IO.Packaging` that fixes some serious (but exceptional) bugs found in the WindowsBase implementation
- No dependencies.
- No dependencies.
- System.IO.Packaging (>= 4.7.0)
- System.IO.Packaging (>= 4.7.0)
Showing the top 10 GitHub repositories that depend on DocumentFormat.OpenXml:
Open XML SDK by Microsoft
ZKEACMS for .Net Core (.Net Core CMS)可视化设计在线编辑内容管理系统
SiteServer CMS 基于.NET平台，能够以最低的成本、最少的人力投入在最短的时间内架设一个功能齐全、性能优异、规模庞大并易于维护的网站平台。
ClosedXML is a .NET library for reading, manipulating and writing Excel 2007+ (.xlsx, .xlsm) files. It aims to provide an intuitive and user-friendly interface to dealing with the underlying OpenXML API.
This repo contains .NET Portability Analyzer (VSIX and Console) libraries and tools
Manage localization of all ResX-Based resources in one central place.
Pleasanter | Business application platform
Office 365 Dev PnP Core component (.NET) targeted for increasing developer productivity with CSOM based solutions.
Microsoft Document Translator
Read more about the GitHub Usage information on our documentation.